THE FIRST GIFT

Every journey has a defining first step.

Mine began with a gift for one of India's most admired icons—MS Dhoni.

I had the opportunity to create gifts for MS Dhoni and Team CSK. It was my very first major assignment, and although I didn't fully realise it then, it would become one of the defining moments of my entrepreneurial journey.

A team of us travelled from Kochi to Delhi for the event, and even getting the hampers there was an adventure. Their size meant transporting nearly 100 kilos of carefully packed hampers, navigating excess baggage, logistics, and all the little challenges that came with ensuring everything reached safely. It was stressful at the time, but there was only one goal—to make sure every hamper arrived exactly as it should.

When we landed, while the rest of the team headed to the venue, I climbed into the truck transporting the hampers and took the seat beside the driver. It just felt like exactly where I needed to be. 

As we drove through the streets of Delhi, with the wind rushing through my hair and the hampers stacked safely behind me, I found myself smiling from ear to ear.

Even today, that moment stays with me.

It wasn't just excitement. It was something much deeper.

For the first time, I truly felt the weight of ownership. The responsibility. The accountability. The quiet pride of knowing that every hamper behind me carried not just a product, but my name, my promise, and my reputation. I had poured my heart into making sure everything reached safely, and as the truck rolled towards the venue, there was an overwhelming sense of relief that we had made it.

Somewhere along that drive, I realised this was what being an entrepreneur felt like.

Not the glamour.

Not the applause.

The responsibility.

And strangely, I loved every bit of it.

Backstage was a world of controlled chaos. I checked every hamper again, making sure every ribbon, every surface, and every detail was exactly as it should be. There was no room for mistakes—only focus, care, and the hope that everything would unfold just as I had imagined.

And then came the moment I'll never forget.

Standing just offstage, I watched as the very first hamper was presented to MS Dhoni.

For a few seconds, everything else faded away.

There it was... something that had begun as an idea in my mind was now in the hands of one of India's greatest sporting icons.

I felt a lump in my throat.

Before I even realised it, tears had begun to roll down my cheeks.

They weren't just tears of relief. They were tears of gratitude, pride, disbelief, and pure joy.

Every anxious moment, every challenge, every sleepless thought about getting everything right suddenly became worthwhile.

I stood there beaming with pride as Team CSK received the hampers one after another. I also had the privilege of personally handing over Harbhajan Singh's hamper to him—a brief interaction that made the day even more special.

In that moment, I wasn't thinking about business.

I wasn't thinking about the future.

I was simply a dreamer watching a dream come true.

Every gift has a story.

This was mine. The one that started it all.

Thank you, The Muthoot Group.

Comments

Popular Posts